Monday, November 12, 2007

Beautiful Silence

Hello.

I sit here feeling as if I should be writing something great. A complication of words that provides reflection and a perspective to spark growth, or at least some introspective thought. Or maybe there is some story out there that will make someone smile... but not tonight. Tonight, I feel like writing, like sharing. Could it be I'm out of words. Could it be that in all my writing for my master's program I sit hear without anything share. Is that possible?

I think not. I think it is a beautiful thing to sit in silent reflection. To just be. Sitting and taking it all in. No music, no TV, no internet, no media to distract you. Nothing but the moment to fill you. A moment without time, a moment without worldly measure. A moment filled with opportunity for exploration. Taking the time to hear your inner most thoughts, taking the time to listen to God, taking the time to absorb all it can provide.... Taking the time to go against the grain and tell the world to wait on you...

It becomes a magical moment that becomes appreciated through experience.

This is me, encouraging you to escape from the world for a few minutes. Put everything aside for fifteen minutes and see where it takes you. Go seek and see what you may find!

No comments:

Moon

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth." - Buddha Have you ever spent much time thinking about the...