Monday, November 12, 2007

Personal Faith Statement

Just felt like sharing. please feel free to comment.

--------
Before this class, I had never truly given much thought to creating a statement clarifying my Christian faith. And even now, although I am more knowledgeable concerning specific areas of study, I still feel as though I am unable to draft a statement to the capacity in which seems complete. That being said, I believe the Bible is the word of God. Scripture is my historical reference of God’s purpose and is completely true and accurate. I believe in an all-knowing, all-seeing, all-present, constant and eternal God. I believe Jesus is the Son of God, and that he is my vehicle to salvation. I believe that the Holy Spirit serves as my connection to faith. I believe that God is represented in these three distinct entities, all three independent but completely whole as one. I do believe that I was created in the image of God. I believe I am living abnormally apart from God in sin. I believe that one day I will walk in the presence of God and find myself rejoicing completely and eternally. I believe I am a member in a community of believers both local and global that are committed to serving his purpose. Individually, I know that I am here on earth as a tool to be used by God, for God’s purpose. I believe that my desire will sync with his purpose, which will create works that will glorify God.

Writing all of this, I know I am incomplete without God. I know I am still learning and growing and exploring areas of my faith. I know there is much ground I have yet to cover. But I know without God as my compass, I’m running on a treadmill – going nowhere fast, expending energy, it seems, just to expend energy. God is my compass; he is my foundation, and my purpose. Without him I find myself wanting, with him, I find I am complete, I am whole.

No comments:

Moon

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth." - Buddha Have you ever spent much time thinking about the...