Thursday, December 14, 2006

Only a Man

I love this song. I can't stop listening to it. And well... a repost is in order. I hope you enjoy the lyrics as much as I do.


I used to live my life in fear, was worried all the time
From waking up to lying down, I had no peace of mind.
The world became a darkened place, a struggle without end
Although bitter times those were, the days that I became to understand
I was only a man

I grew up singing songs in church with questions in my mind
And turned my back and ran away from God who gave me light
Then one night, his presence fell, I wept and shook and then
I fell down and cried dear Jesus rescue me again
I understand I am only a man

And He said:

What will it be now?
Will you choose me or keep swimming upstream now?
I've been inside your head hearing you scream out
Well here I am just take my hand and
I'll take out all of the pain and all of the fear
All of the fear


I give you my burdens

I'll give you peace


All of my desires

I'll give you what you need.


And what about these chains Lord

I'll set you free


But they're so heavy

Lay them at my feet.


I'll lay them at Your feet
Just promise You won't leave

I'll never leave


So where do I go from here Lord?

Just follow me, Just follow me.


I'll follow You, wherever You lead
Wherever You lead..

No comments:

Moon

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth." - Buddha Have you ever spent much time thinking about the...