Thursday, October 25, 2007

New Meaning to Oktoberfest

There I was, sitting in Green Mill, sharing a drink and an appetizer with a friend and my cell phone rings....

"hello?"

It was my dad, we'd been trying to connect in order to get some tickets to a concert next week, Gov't Mule and Grace Potter (super excited, can't wait to go!) After deciding on a course of action we said our goodbyes and I hung up...

"KER-PLUNK!"

"What the...." I stammer as I start to fish my phone out of my mug leiney's Oktoberfest...

Action couldn't stop laughing, and I had the most bewildered look on my face. yes, My phone, as I was hanging up, somehow shot out of my hand and into my drink. I mean i pride myself in being able to hit a basket, but this was... was... as Vizzini would say: "Inconceivable!"

After our server stopped by and we cleaned up the spilled beer, we continued our night until we parted. I awoke this morning to a cell phone that still smelled of beer and failed to turn on. I rolled out of bed and proceeded to the nearest verizon store to buy a new phone. I think that was the most expensive glass of beer I've ever drank.

Its a good thing it tasted good.

No comments:

Moon

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth." - Buddha Have you ever spent much time thinking about the...