Thursday, April 2, 2009

I Dare You.


My mind is elsewhere tonight. its somewhere away from where it needs to be. The thing is, I like where it is. I just can't seem to focus long enough to do the things that require my attention. As Dodger sits on my shoulder, I sit here in a place of excitement, curiosity, and anticipation.

I have two roads in front of me. One I've been looking at for a long time. The other is one that is more familiar, safer, well traveled. Shall I continue down the pavement of expectations or do I dare to make this dream a reality. I like dares, dares challenge us, make us uncomfortable, and force us to grow. A dare can create opportunities never before imagined. A dare, or in some cases the dreaded double dare, has the nerve to scare us. To keep us from acting... but the whole premise is to force us to act; to make the uncommon choice that could take us to a most unfamiliar place. Rarely do I regret taking a dare. I cannot remember a time where I a came out of one worse off...

Which leads me to the road less traveled. This road holds curiosities and challenges of its own. This road is looking me in the eye saying: "I Dare you..."

I accept.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"...the dreaded double dare..." ha ha - That makes me think of Sandlot. Isn't there an awesome double-dog in that movie?

P.S. This is your online paper chain letting you know that you only have 2 days left until you have your MASTERS DEGREE!!!!!!

Moon

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth." - Buddha Have you ever spent much time thinking about the...