Saturday, February 24, 2007

Baby, Its Cold Outside!!

There is something about writing that becomes therapeutic. Letting words flow from thought onto paper...it seems to create some validation of thought and presence. It's self reflection, it's an opportunity to share and an opportunity to celebrate, to create...


But for me, right now, its provides an opportunity to procrastinate. to delay the inevitable. Its giving me a few more moments inside. A few more taps of the keyboard will allow me to stay warm a few minutes longer. You see, while all you smart individuals out there get to stay inside and drink hot chocolate, watch a movie, or anything that might help you escape from the weather this weekend. I get to be in it. I get to stand outside and hope that somebody, anybody, decides that going out tonight is a good idea. Its a hope because, what the heck am I freezing my butt off for if its not for those who laugh at the weather-man, for those who scoff at the storm and say... not tonight mother nature, not tonight! Because if it isn't for those who decide to venture into this blizzard, my night will continue to drag on, every minute feeling like an hour, and every hour... well, you get where I'm going!

The time has come... Procrastination and putting off is now coming to a close. Work is calling out my name... so for all of you who will not be outside this evening---I'm green with envy. Know I will be thinking of you much and often, and by all means, eat a slice of pizza for me!

3 comments:

Bekah's Cloth Bums said...

I don't get it....where were you going???

gabriel timothy zeigler said...

working... bouncing... outside...downtown!

Victoria said...

Hi Gabe

I just wanted to say hello! I found your blog and thought I would let you know that I was checking it out!

Miss you all!! Hi to Matt for me :)

Vicki

Moon

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth." - Buddha Have you ever spent much time thinking about the...