Thursday, February 1, 2007

Thirteen going on...


Today, I found myself killing time and being drawn into a movie on tv. 13 going on 30 to be more specific. And right on the heals of not only taking a trip down memory lane, looking at old pictures from high school age activities and filling out some survey about whether or not I would go back to those days. I wouldn't want to, at least I don't think I would really want to. Why would I want to change who I am today? But watching that stirred some thought, and some emotion. Not because I wish I could change things about the past, but think about how simple things can be versus how complex we make them. We push and we pull, we deceive, we try to create opportunity by playing games with those we care about. Not all things we do are negative, but almost always, it seems we're not completely honest. We're not honest with ourselves, we seem to fear the thing we desire most. This, of course is all, speculation...

I think the thing we long most for is a connection. With a particular person or group or idea. We long to dive deep into a relationships knowing that sharing an experience makes that experience worth while and meaningful. i mean, if we're not here for community, what is our purpose?

No comments:

Moon

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth." - Buddha Have you ever spent much time thinking about the...