Saturday, October 28, 2006

Coffee House

There is something to be said for coffee drinkers. I myself, am not one. I get it though, the addiction, the social aspect, even having it be the official start to any day. And since I've been in charge of this coffee shop, I've seen many things, many different people in many situations. There are people who come in multiple times a day, the customer who will order the same drink 21 times a week...

But a few my most interesting times there have involved:

Ray-bans: Forget the black sunglasses he didn't take off the entire interview, this guy not only referred to himself in the third person, but also told me all about how his parents met, and why that somehow related to him working for caribou....
I haven't seen him wear those sunglasses since the day of the interview...three months ago.

drama queen: I had an employee walk out and not come back except to give us all cards, including a birthday card in which she wrote to me: "...please remember me for the card and not me quitting..." The kicker was that she decided she wanted to come back two days later. "Under my conditions" she stated, as she's telling me how much she'd like to work for me again. Needless to say, I haven't seen her since.

Help Desk: Caribou has what they call a help desk. You call when you have an issue, and they are supposed to fix it. Well, I'm on a first name basis with most of those helpers. Not because I don't know what I'm doing, but because I've spent the last two months entering our "off-line" credit cards manually. I hate being off-line. To say the least, i've used some choice words lately...

Ether way, There is something every day... I'll tell you about yesterday later.

No comments:

Moon

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth." - Buddha Have you ever spent much time thinking about the...