Sunday, October 29, 2006

Karma

karma

I swear, it must be karma.

Today, I got the opportunity to hear one of my favorite michael jackson songs hours before I expected to get up. How lucky am I?!?
Let me tell you...

It was a call to let me know that another store, not mine, was not open. Not only that, there was no one to be seen. No one who could open the doors anyway. So after a couple phone calls, I dragged myself out of bed, called my store to let them know I would be heading to another location... and off I went.

I walked into a mad-house. The keys were dropped in my hands with a "thanks" ...and the store was mine for a day. I look around, there are two employees, both new, both pretty green. I rushed back, put myself back into the computer and headed out into the madness. From about 7am to around 1:30 we were without any downtime, on top of it, I was in the process on scheduiling interviews, making drinks, brewing coffee, training, finding coverage for the afternoon, and lets not forget taking questions from my store. Essentially, I felt like I was on a tilt-a-whirl.

It was productive though. Through all of this, I got 4 people hired... one for my store, two for the mad-house, and one for another store. Found people to work for the day and the upcoming weekend... because the schedule had too many gaps to even try opening the store.

I walked out around 5pm.... looking back with a half smile, knowing i'm one more day closer.

I'm telling you... Karma.

No comments:

Moon

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth." - Buddha Have you ever spent much time thinking about the...