Monday, November 20, 2006

Movie Night

So...most of you who know me, know that I'm a sap...I mean, there are few times when watching any movie where I haven't cried! We all know I'm a sucker for love stories....but last night I went the the Exorcism of Emily Rose.

I loved it...I mean it had its moments that made you jump...but towards the end of the movie, i was unexpectedly in tears. Go figure...I go to some horror flick to end of crying. but the thing is...it really wasn't that much of a horror flick, at least what I took from it. The movie is based on the story of Emily Rose; her demonic possession and the fight between good and evil taking place within her. At some point in the movie, Emily is given the opportunity to leave her body and enter into heaven or to stay on earth, knowing she would suffer greatly, but in doing so would bring others to God.

What really hits home is, I hope that if I were in a similar position, I would have the strength to do the same thing. To walk the walk...to know the outcome, something that I wouldn't want, and yet continue to endure whatever pain for the greater good...for God.

In my heart I think I could...but my head challenges my idealism.

Morals and beliefs only mean something when its inconvenient...not when convenience paves a path for them to stand upon.

No comments:

Moon

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth." - Buddha Have you ever spent much time thinking about the...