Monday, March 30, 2009

Cars and Kisses

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves." ~Albert Einstein


Interesting combination don’t you think?

Yesterday, I went to the auto show. It was me, my bro, and our father. I was definitely amused. Not so much by the cars, but more so by everyone there - I’m a total people watcher.

I can appreciate fine machinery just like the next guy (or girl). But as I’m walking around, watching individuals dream and drool, I was caught asking myself if I should be participating. I just wasn’t feeling it. My brother and I did compare vehicles and I even sat in a few. While sitting in the cockpit of vehicle most would love to drive I asked myself if I could really see myself driving it - or really more tried to ask the question of what my car failed to provide that this particular car delivered. I’m sure there are many gear heads out there that would gladly create a list a mile long - but I guess I just need to find a vehicle that really gets my attention. I like my car, its not all that new, I mean its getting up there in age, but I’m perfectly happy with the vehicle I’m driving. Maybe someday I’ll need to replace my current vehicle, but apparently I wasn’t feeling it at the auto show... a place where everyone else was planning and picturing driving their car or truck of their dreams. I guess I’m just a bit caught off guard that I was so disconnected from the experience. But why? I think its because I realize that a new car isn't something I need. And the fun of pretending that I could or would soon be driving one - wasn't at all enticing to me.



On a different (and I think more exciting) note, Miaken and I were talking tonight. We were trying to define the term: “making out”. It came up because we were watching What Women Want, and as the two main characters dove into each other in a restaurant, Miaken asked me if I could do that; if I could make out in the middle of a public restaurant...

We then preceded to define what constitutes making out. Is it a time period? does it require a certain kind of feeling or passion? Is it constant kissing or can it be intermittent kissing for a long period of time? Does it usher in other activity?

Miaken seemed to think it should be constituted by time: at least thirty seconds to be specific. Jake felt that it should be determined by a level of passion... I just sat in amusement, didn’t really put my two sense in. I just really enjoyed being a third party in the convo.

Wikipedia states that it includes “heavy petting and skin to skin contact”. It even references games associated like: seven minutes in heaven, and spin the bottle. I don’t know about ya’ll, but I never made out with anyone when playing spin the bottle, nor did I ever get thrown into the a dark closet with a stranger... Maybe I missed out as a teen...
or maybe I should add those events to my next party!

A lincoln for my thoughts perhaps? I guess I’m going to revert to my favorite number on this one: Three. Three minutes constitutes a proper make out session. Anything that may follow is considered bonus... or leads to something I wouldn’t classify as “making out” :)

Any thoughts on the matter?

No comments:

Moon

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth." - Buddha Have you ever spent much time thinking about the...