Monday, March 16, 2009

Odds


Screw the odds. ...the odds mean crap. So people should face it and they should fight. ~ Lexi Grey, Grey’s Anatomy.



Too often in life we look at what is most likely to happen, what do the numbers say. More often then not, they deter us, give us some level of confidence. Confidence that we fail to create because we’re afraid, afraid to fight for something we’re unsure of.

That which we are unsure of makes us question the fabric of what makes us human. We are created to defy the laws we create, to defy the things we set boundaries for which we do not understand. We lean on the ideas of science when we cannot find an explanation, only to realize that we cannot know with any certainty how we have come to be who we are.

I want to be a fighter. I want to fight for the things I hope for, dream of, and desire most in my heart. The world knocks us down and its not if we get up, but how many times, and how often. Odds say we will stay down. I say its time to get up. Odds rely on a set of numbers created to substantiate a claim. I don’t do odds, My will, my hope, my expectations don’t do odds. Odds... are an excuse.

I say... no more excuses.

No comments:

Moon

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth." - Buddha Have you ever spent much time thinking about the...